Tuesday, April 8, 2014

psycho chainsaw priest cd

so here's a record..by a band..that's not even out yet! I guess it's who you know. question, who the fuck do I know? I somehow ended up on the mailing list of self made god records and they sent this. how I got on i'll never know but I ain't complaining. here's on of my favorite bands..sort of. I don't know much about psycho past 86. they started out as a really fun hardcore punk band with some pop in it then got harder and harder. they did an album with gg allin and released splits with bands like anal cunt..that's about all I know. then they released a 7 inch shaped like a saw with 4 cutting (it's a pun!) tracks..awesome stuff..pure hardcore. I heard this described as a grind punk album and at first I was like...what? I didn't know psycho went grind. but I guess they have but grind punk I wouldn't call it that. this is just really really really fast hardcore. it reminds me of mid 80s bands from Europe and japan in the really fast punk sound but of corse this sounds like nothing before it. this is just raw and crushing hardcore with a lot of grind influence...I've said before that grindcore has to have punk in it and here's the proof. the mix is soooo fucking loud. it's great. though the drums are sort of hidden in the mix. it sounds pretty polished but not in the ultra clean misery index sort of way. it does sound like they recorded it in an actual studio rather than in a room like some albums...this is just really solid. 17 tracks in 29 minutes. what more could you possibly ask for? if you're a fan of ultra fast hardcore/grind like napalm death, fear of god, filthy Christians, s.o.b well you should already know who this band is..if you're one of the sad few who don't know, get all the band's records you can and of corse buy this..best of 2014 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a fuckin comment!

Contributors